Dr. Schwieger, a Botox expert in NYC, reviews the most important things that you should know about Botox. He notes that, “Botox is one of the most popular treatments performed at Schweiger Dermatology. It is safe and effective, delivering a great anti-aging effect without any downtime.”
- Botox treatment is given through a series of tiny injections into the skin. We use specially made Botox needles, so that the treatment does not hurt (it feels like a fast pinch on the skin.)
- Botox works by blocking the neurotransmitter that stimulates muscle contraction. By relaxing specific muscles of the face, Botox prevents overactivity of the muscles that lead to deep lines and wrinkles.
- Botox begins working within days, but takes approximately 10-14 days to exhibit its full effect.
- Botox lasts for 3-4 months after a single treatment.
- Botox works well with other treatments, such as dermal fillers and laser resurfacing for wrinkles, as it stabilizes overactive muscles to allow the other treatments to have an optimal effect.
- Wrinkles can not only be treated with Botox, but they can also be prevented. By beginning Botox treatments before deep wrinkles start to form (but when you notice overactivity of certain muscles), the formation of deep wrinkles on the skin can actually be prevented.
Click here to learn more about Botox in NYC.